To place your ad, email Ads start at $1 per day, minimum seven days.

Heritage Center Displays History of Local Fire Departments

By Submitted Report
The Tube City Almanac
July 09, 2015
Posted in: Announcements

The region's volunteer fire departments are being celebrated this month by the McKeesport Regional History & Heritage Center.
At 2 p.m. July 18, the center will present a program hosted by its executive director, Michelle Wardle, outlining the history of volunteer firefighting in Glassport, Port Vue, Versailles and White Oak, among other communities.
In addition, memorabilia from local fire departments will be on display all month at the Heritage Center. The program is free and open to the public.
The McKeesport Regional History & Heritage Center is located at 1832 Arboretum Drive in Renziehausen Park. For more information, call (412) 678-1832 or visit the center's website
(Photo from p. 59 of "White Oak: An Historical Perspective," published in 1998.)

Originally published July 09, 2015.

In other news:
"Coulterville Road to …" || "County Plans Public M…"