McKeesport Housing Authority is opening the Section 8 waiting list
Housing Choice Voucher Program
The McKeesport Housing Authority will be accepting applications for the Housing Choice Voucher Program (Section 8) Waiting List.
April 10, 2023, 8:30 AM @ 2901 Brownlee Ave. McKeesport, PA 15132.
NO APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED BEFORE THE ABOVE POSTED TIMES.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE DATE AND TIME STAMPED UPON RECEIPT. APPLICATIONS CAN BE SUBMITTED IN PERSON, FAX 412-673-1706, EMAIL TO BBRAY@MCKHA.ORG.
You can download a blank copy of the application from www.mckha.org.
At www.mckha.org or any of the rental offices at Crawford Village, Harrison Village & McKeesport Towers
MULTIPLE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. PLEASE DO NOT CALL FOR YOUR STATUS —- NO INFORMATION WILL BE GIVEN OVER THE TELEPHONE. YOU WILL BE NOTIFIED VIA THE US MAIL. IT IS CRITICAL TO KEEP YOUR INFORMATION UPDATED WITH OUR OFFICE IF IT CHANGES. IF WE ARE UNABLE TO CONTACT YOU, YOU MAY BE REMOVED FROM THE WAITING LIST.
Ads start at $1 per day, minimum seven days.
Two Dead in White Oak Apartment Fire
By Submitted Report
The Tube City Almanac
February 07, 2017
Posted in: McKeesport and Region News
Two people are dead following a fire today in a White Oak apartment complex.
The names of the victims have not yet been released and the blaze is under investigation by the Allegheny County Fire Marshal's Office and Allegheny County police homicide officers.
Crews were dispatched at around 1 p.m. to the townhouse-style complex in the 2800 block of Lincoln Way, near the Westmoreland County line. County officials said in a prepared statement that upon arrival, police and firefighters were told that people may be trapped in the apartment that was on fire.
White Oak police attemped to enter the apartment through the front door, but were forced back because of "high heat and smoke," county officials said.
Fire crews then began bringing the blaze under control and searching the apartment, at which point the bodies of the two victims were discovered, county officials said.
Emergency Services Chief Matt Brown said in a release that "properly working and activated smoke detectors" were found in the unit that caught fire, as well as in the adjoining apartments.
Five apartments were affected by fire, smoke and water damage, county officials said. The American Red Cross has been asked to assist the residents.
Originally published February 07, 2017.
In other news:
"Black History Month P…" || "Planning Underway for…"