To place your ad, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Ads start at $1 per day, minimum seven days.
McKeesport Area High School will showcase Rodgers and Hammerstein's "Cinderella" beginning Thursday in the high school auditorium.
Shows begin at 7:30 p.m. tomorrow, Friday and Saturday, with an additional 2 p.m. matinee Saturday.
Tickets are $5 for students and senior citizens, and $10 for adults. To help ease the crowd, patrons will not be able to select their seats for tickets purchased the night of the performances.
During the performances there will be a Chinese auction, a 50/50 raffle, as well as flowers to buy for the performers and a general concession.
Since January, the cast, musicians and crew have practiced nearly every day after school, dedicating just over three months of work leading up to their performances.
"Although I have been involved with the musical for the past six years as program designer and photographer, this is my second year in the role of producer," says MAHS staff member Carolyn Carreiro, co-producer with director Tina Stewart.
"I am so impressed with the dedication and amount of work which the students put into their show," Carreiro says. "Every one of them should be proud."
Senior Talona Jones is playing the Fairy Godmother. In addition to "Cinderella," she has also performed in the high school's productions of "Shrek," "Bye Bye Birdie" and "Suessical."
"These musicals are what have inspired me to be myself and to continue with a career in teaching and performing," Jones says. Highly involved in the music scene, she also performs in various school choirs, and is the drum major for McKeesport's marching band.
To quote the Fairy Godmother, Jones says, "Impossible things happen everyday!" She says the line is important to her because she believes "If you put hard work into everything you do, you can accomplish your goals and do anything your heart's desires."
After the months of preparation, Jones believes this quote "describes the musical, and the cast, in so many ways."
The cast for each performance is as follows:
- Cinderella: Jacey Mirenna (Thursday and Saturday matinée) ; Ana Chelosky (Friday and Saturday evening)
- Christopher: Noah Martin (Thursday and Saturday matinée); Adam Martinelli (Friday and Saturday evening)
- King: Matt Diamond
- Queen: Elise Wakefield
- Stepmother: Maria Koedel (Thursday and Saturday matinée); Paige Krygowski (Friday and Saturday evening)
- Grace: Harlie McKelvey (Thursday and Saturday matinée); Johnasia Cash (Friday and Saturday evening)
- Joy: Madolyn Boyton (Thursday and Saturday matinée); Avery Goldinger (Friday and Saturday evening)
- Fairy Godmother: Talona Jones
- Lionel: Connor Shields
- Cinderella's Mother: Jayla Andrews
Originally published April 05, 2017.