To place your ad, email email@example.com. Ads start at $1 per day, minimum seven days.
Nominations are still being accepted for the annual "Women of Achievement" Awards, presented by the Mon River Fleet.
A spokesperson said that the deadline for the awards has been extended until Aug. 11.
The annual Mon River Fleet Women of Achievement Awards Dinner recognizes and honors Women of Excellence in their field for outstanding contributions that have impacted the Mon Valley region through their integrity and compassion for all, the spokesperson said.
All proceeds benefit the State Health Improvement Plan, or "SHIP," initiatives in Braddock, Clairton, Duquesne, McKeesport and surrounding communities within the Mon Valley.
The fleet partners with more than 300 member agencies located in the Mon Valley to offer programs and services that concentrate on the well-being and needs of residents.
- Nominees must demonstrate impact and excellence in one category.
- Nominee’s efforts must directly impact the Mon Valley Region.
- Nominees that have previously won will not be considered for the same category
- Proper completion of nomination form is required, including narrative section.
- Resumes will not be accepted as nominations.
- Mon River Fleet Facilitators and Committee Members may be nominated; however, the nominator cannot be a Women of Achievement Committee Member.
Originally published August 07, 2017.