To place your ad, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Ads start at $1 per day, minimum seven days.
Irwin and the Irwin Business and Professional Association will hold the borough's 35th annual Light-Up Night and parade from 4 to 9 p.m. Thursday (Nov. 19), a spokesperson said.
Entertainment will include live music at multiple locations, and many downtown stores will be open for the event.
The parade and Light-Up Night are sponsored by S&T Bank, Parkview Community Credit Union, Duncan Financial, Trib Total Media and Commercial Bank & Trust of Pennsylvania.
Free parking will be available at Norwin Hills Shopping Center and shuttle buses will be run from the parking lot of Excela Square at Norwin Hills from 5 to 9 p.m. There is no charge.
The event will be held regardless of weather or temperature. For more information, call (724) 216-6200.
The schedule is as follows:
- 4 p.m.: Main St closes, stores and restaurants are open and food vendors set up
- 5 p.m.: Entertainment begins with an orchestra at 5th & Main
- 5:15 p.m.: Norwin Show Choir at The Lamp Theater
- 5:30 p.m.: Dance Entertainment at 3rd & Main by Janet's School of Dance and Queen of Angels Show Choir
- 6:25 p.m.: Lighting of the Christmas Tree, decorated by the Norwin Rotary, at 3rd & Main
- 6:30 p.m.: Parade begins
- 7:30 p.m.: Santa will be in the S&T Bank lobby at 3rd & Main until 9 p.m.
Originally published November 18, 2015.