HELP WANTED: Contract Administrator, White Oak, PA
Large construction company seeking a contract administrator in the White Oak area. Computer skills, especially Excel, required. Five years’ experience preferred.
Salary commensurate with experience.
412-385-3137 or EMPLOYMENT.AD.REPLY@GMAIL.COM
McKeesport Art Group opened its 58th annual Spring Art Show Friday night at Renziehausen Park's Jacob Woll Pavilion.
The show continues from 12 to 8 p.m. Saturday and 12 to 6 p.m. Sunday. Admission is free, and original art, print and other items ranging from pottery to fabric art will be available for purchase.
For more information, visit the group's website or call (412) 469-2710.
In conjunction with the art show, the Garden Club of McKeesport will hold a "flea-tique" flea market from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday. The event will be held at the Garden Club building next to the rose garden in Renzie.
Nearly 40 artists --- including amateurs and professionals --- are exhibiting in this year's show, with more than 130 works on display including watercolor and acrylic paintings, pastel drawings, mixed media work, photographs, fabric art and jewelry.
Judging this year's show was Bill McAllister, a Pittsburgh native who worked for 36 years as a set designer for major TV and film productions at studios in Hollywood, including Desilu, Walt Disney, 20th Century-Fox, MGM, Columbia Pictures, Universal, Lorimar, Warner Brothers and a variety of independents.
He returned to the Pittsburgh area in 2005 and currently teaches painting at Pittsburgh Center for the Arts.
Awards were presented Friday to the following entrants:
- Sylvia Henriquez, "Marriage Stance," watercolor
- Rebecca Hibbs, "Hiker's Rest," acrylic
- Barbara Jewell, "Sun Stroked," watercolor
- Karen Johnson, "I See You," watercolor
- Diane Holland Murray, "Goat's Beard on Montour Trail," pastel
- Myla Pearce, "Blossom," photography
- Joe Scobel, "The Yellow Towel," photography
- Karen Thomas, "Nefertiti's Dream," other (jewelry)
- Mary Downes, "Optical Illusion," other media
- Maria Kalning, "Sunrise," watercolor
- Mary Beth Ponitz, "Morning Dance," photography
- Denise L. Ritter, "Foggy Empire," photography
- Pamela Price, "Dear Lizzie," watercolor
- Louetta Romanchak, "Season to Season," mixed media
- Rosemary Steele, "Grandma's House," watercolor
- Marilyn Wagner, "Crossroads," acrylic
- Jamie Zabelsky Mattson, "Nebula," oil
Garden Club of McKeesport Award
- Rosemary Steele, "Peony," watercolor
Originally published May 13, 2016.